Saturday, November 9, 2013

Number Five: Quick-Release Snare (SOLD)





If you read the story about the first cajon I made, here is a little additional detail that I didn't include in it. When I had the first one all assembled, I was still waiting to find a snare. So I put the head (tapa) on and started playing. The open sound of the cajon was amazing and great to listen to. However, it was not perfect for having that portable drum kit sound that I was going for. Yet, there are times when this open sound is perfect. So I decided to engineer a way to make the snare quick release so I could have the best of both worlds. 

For cajon number five, I installed the quick release snare. The video shows how quickly you can turn the snare on or off between songs and what the different sounds are.





No comments:

Post a Comment